Dayton Appeals Lawyer

Once your criminal case is over and you have been sentenced, you have the right to appeal certain issues in your case. The Court of Appeals is a court that has power over the trial court and can change the outcome of what happened in your case. Every decision the judge in your case made can be appealed. If the Court of Appeals decides the judge made the wrong decision, they can issue a new decision and change the case, or they can tell the court to do your case over again because your rights were violated.

Appeals are very complicated and require the proper experience and training. Usually, you will not have to do anything during an Appeal. We will do all the work since an Appeal does not address the facts of the case, but addresses all the legal aspects.

An appeal can completely change your case. A successful Appeal has the ability to change a guilty verdict to a not guilty. It also has the ability to reduce or change your sentence. Plus, losing an Appeal does not affect you negatively.

Experienced Dayton Appellate Lawyers

When it comes to appeals, having a skilled and experienced advocate on your side can make all the difference. At Kane Law, our team of a appellate lawyers has a proven track record of success in handling appeals in a variety of legal matters. Whether you are seeking to appeal a criminal conviction, civil judgment, or administrative decision, we have the knowledge and expertise to effectively navigate the appellate process.

Our appellate advocacy services include:

  • Thorough review of trial records and transcripts
  • Identification of legal errors and grounds for appeal
  • Strategic development of persuasive appellate arguments
  • Oral advocacy in appellate court proceedings
  • Presentation of compelling written briefs

Don't leave your appeal to chance. Contact Kane Law today for a free consultation to discuss your appellate options and how we can help you achieve a successful outcome.

If you need an Appeal, call Kane Law Offices to discuss your case. Contact us at (937) 887-4700 to speak with an appeals lawyer near you.

Ohio Appellate Law FAQ

What is the process for filing an appeal in Ohio?

The process for filing an appeal in OH involves submitting a notice of appeal to the appropriate appellate court within a specified timeframe, typically within 30 days of the entry of the judgment or order being appealed. It is important to consult with a qualified appeals lawyer to ensure all procedural requirements are met.

What are the common reasons for filing an appeal in a criminal case?

Common reasons for filing an appeal in a criminal case include errors in the application of the law, improper jury instructions, ineffective assistance of counsel, prosecutorial misconduct, or violations of the defendant's constitutional rights. An experienced appeals lawyer can assess the specific circumstances of your case to determine the grounds for appeal.

Can I appeal a guilty verdict in OH?

Yes, it is possible to appeal a guilty verdict in Dayton, OH. An appeals lawyer can review the trial record to identify potential legal errors or constitutional violations that may warrant an appeal. It is important to seek legal counsel promptly, as there are specific deadlines for filing an appeal following a criminal conviction.

How long does the appeals process typically take in Dayton, O?

The duration of the appeals process in Dayton, OH can vary depending on the complexity of the case, the specific legal issues involved, and the caseload of the appellate court. While some appeals may be resolved within several months, others may take longer. It is advisable to consult with an appeals lawyer to gain insights into the potential timeline for your appeal.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation

Time is of the essence, we are available 24 hours a day.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy